Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sally Hansen Digital with Matte Black Tips

Since Sally Hansen Digital pulled away from the tips of my nails showing the black undercoat I decided to added French black tips to my nails to cover it up. I had really shaky hands so decided to use scotch tape as a guide to paint on the tips. However, the tape I used wasn't that good so the lines aren't that crisp. If my hands weren't that shaky I could probably have gotten a cleaner line free-handing it. I then decided it needed something more so I added Essie Matte About You to the black tips only.

These photos were taken that night in artificial light.

Sally Hansen Digital over black with Matte Black Tips in Artificial Light
Sally Hansen Digital over black with Matte Black Tips in Artificial Light

Then these photos were taken in the natural light the following day.

Sally Hansen Digital over black with Matte Black Tips in Natural Light
Sally Hansen Digital over black with Matte Black Tips in Natural Light
Sally Hansen Digital over black with Matte Black Tips in Natural Light
It's not my best work but it was a good solution to the tip debacle since I didn't want to have to take the colour off since I love Digital over black. I think I would've done a better job doing my tips freehand but this was a quick fix situation so I could wear the colour for a few more days. It also meant the the black around the edges of my manicure looked better since it matched my tips!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so cool! I love the idea of matte tips, will have to try that!

    Also, I know I'm new to your blog but I love it so I've just tagged you for a blog award! See my post here

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)