Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nail Art Fail: "Bleeding" Cuticles

I wanted to completely change up my Zoya Minka manicure from the other day and for the life of my I can't figured out why I decided red would be the best colour to go with it O.o

So using French nail tip guides I painted a semi circle at the bottom of my nails using a single coat of Maybelline Racy Red (of course!). For some unknown reason I chose not to push the guides down firmly on my right hand so my left hand actually turned out better! Lol it was a strange night :) Then I decided to added a clear rhinestone to the base of each nail. Added a top coat of Seche Vite and my nail fail was done :)

These were taken that night in artificial light.

Nail Fail: Bleeding Cuticles in Artificial Light
Nail Fail: Bleeding Cuticles in Artificial Light

Then the following morning these were taken in natural light.

Nail Fail: Bleeding Cuticles in Natural Light
Nail Fail: Bleeding Cuticles in Natural Light
Nail Fail: Bleeding Cuticles in Shade


I kept alternating between "it looks like my cuticles are bleeding" to " no I like it!" and back to the bleeding again :) I wouldn't wear this again but I think I would probably try it with a triangle at the top of my nails in red and then placing a rhinestone somewhere!

7 comments:

  1. Definitely an interesting concept - I say try it again with a different colour and see if you like it then! Would love to see this with the triangle at the top though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think a different colour would work better. Honestly I have how many polishes and I picked a RED one?? LOL!

      Delete
  2. Love the combination of these :] Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear, your blog is amazing! i’m impressed by your design, photos and you outfits deserve separate attention! everything is magnificent!
    Thanks for sharing this beautiful experience with us !!

    Looking for Nail Art And Nail Extension Course to Study in abroad? Join Majestic Beauty Academy best nail school in japan which provides Nail Art Courses in USA for becoming a nail technician.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)